A sharp mind can make you very efficient in everything you do. This is because when your brain is functioning very well, you can exceed expectations by producing more excellent outputs, whether it is for academic or work. This is the reason why you should make it a point to always hone your memory. However, although you try hard to keep it that way, there are factors that could lead to memory loss. Here are five of the most common memory loss causes, learn them and try to prevent them as much as possible.
1. Accidents - injuries that involve bumping of the head could lead to memory loss and the damage would depend on the intensity of the collision. The range of the effect could be from temporary to permanent memory loss. This is why, you should try to be careful all the time and always wear protective gears especially when you frequently engage in extreme activities such as cycling, skateboarding and the like.
2. Disease - some brain disorders such as dementia can lead to loss of memory and other related conditions such as Alzheimer’s. However, it is not very clear how this condition really originates but studies have shown that a regularly active mind can minimize its occurrence. So, develop a habit of playing brain games to reduce your chance of acquiring it.
3. Anxiety or Depression - this condition is common to many people and is often experienced by students. When you are under such conditions, you tend to be out of focus and this can alter the ability of the brain to retrieve stored information, thus, you experience sudden short-term loss of memory. Learn to relax and de-stress, especially before taking exams and other demanding activities so that the flow of ideas will not be disrupted.
4. Liquor - too much of this in the bloodstream can lead you to become disoriented. It hinders the brain to effectively receive and retrieve information, making you very inefficient. It is best if you monitor your drinking, particularly if you are expecting to be working on important tasks.
5. Vitamin Deficiency - this is one of the memory loss causes that are often neglected by many people simply because they do not know how important they are. The lack of vitamin B and potassium can lead to gradual memory loss and at extreme cases; it could lead to serious conditions. Take vitamin, supplements and foods that are rich with such to secure your mental abilities.
There are many other memory loss causes and most of them can be prevented. So, as much as possible, learn how to evade them because a sharp memory is truly beneficial.